New Update

This morning I got the message to update my version of Scrivener which I did. From that moment I couldn’t work in Scrivener any longer.
I have to fill in a Serial Number Name and a Serial Number whereas I only have a License Key.
Also all my writing is gone. Everything! Everything was alraedy gone when I had to get myself a new PC.
I am so disappointed in this Scrivener and I must say I regret the day I ever heard of it. I am so sad I lost everything and angry too. I am Dutch and I may not understand everything but maybe Scrivener should say: English Speakers Only. Thank you.

Please open a support ticket, here:

We can’t address licensing issues through the forum for privacy reasons.

It is unlikely that your work is gone. Your work is stored separately from the Scrivener application and is not affected by upgrades. However it is possible that, for instance, the Recent Projects menu was cleared by the upgrade and no longer points to your work. You can locate all projects on your system by using Windows Explorer to search for .scriv folders.

Als ik je ergens mee kan helpen, laat het even weten. Je kunt ook een persoonlijk berichtje sturen als je dat liever hebt.

De License key is hetzelfde als een Serial number. De Serial Name is het e-mailadres waarmee je Scrivener kocht.

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk bestaat al je schrijfwerk nog gewoon. Je kunt op. scrv folders of op.scrvx-bestanden zoeken…

Standaard maakt Scrivener backups als je afsluit. In Project > Project Settings > Backup vind je de plek op je harde schijf waar die backups staan. Vink het checkbox je en kopieer de lokatie in de adresbalk van Windows Explorer. Sorteer de backups op datum en kopieer de laatste naar een andere lokatie, zoals je bureaublad.
Backups zijn gecomprimeerde bestanden, die je moet uitpakken met WinZip of 7-Zip. Daarna kan je het .scrv-bestand in de .scrv-folder met de naam van je project dubbelklikken om het project te openen in Scrivener.

Hope this helps.

Groet, Antoni