Newbie: Best instructional video (or guide) on creating New Formats

Dear Friends: Hope you’re well. I would like to create a simple personalized format (a different font type and size) so when I compile I can use it. I searched for information and tried a few times without success. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
–Joe

I would set this font in your compile settings (top center dropdown - choose font)

Within scrivener, it’s always best to only use custom styles for things that are different than the “no styles” (the rough equivalent of Normal in Windows). This is what gives Scrivener the flexibility to compile into so many different formats

If YOU want to see the same font in the editor while you write, just set that font as your default. You can set your default to anything (comic sans?) but Scrivener will still compile to the font you set in the compile window (unless you have custom styles set in your project - then there are other steps that may come into play)

If you right-click on any of the existing Compile formats, you’ll see an option to “Duplicate & Edit.” In most cases, that’s going to be easier than starting from scratch.

Font settings specifically are part of the Section Layout specification. There’s a lengthy section in the manual explaining how to edit those.

The global font override that @FamilyPuzzleSolver mentioned will change the font family, but not the font size. So that may or may not do what you want.

1 Like