NiaD Episode VI: Return of the NiaD

I wonder if you got the same chapter as me? :slight_smile: Itā€™ll be interesting to compare, tomorrow.

Crap, I forgot to check for words that Britons spell differently. Well, colour me stupid. How dishonourable of me. Not a smart practise.

Iā€™m still going!!!

Every body knows Marleyā€™s stuff! youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

Seriously though, hope everyone has had a great time! :wink:
Vic

Donā€™t worry - I fixed it.

Finished!

Just passing it by the in-house editorial departmentā€¦

Iā€™ve just sent mine. 4,500+ words - I really canā€™t do concise or pithy, Iā€™m afraid. Let me know if you donā€™t get it, pigfender. And thanks for the fun again!

Hi,

I sent my chapter in at 19.31 precisely.

Am happy to have written The End on something. :smiley:
Thanks for the experience!

Piggy. Whereā€™s my book?

Somethingā€™s cooking ā€¦

Now Iā€™m going to go back and read the posts from the past day. That should be fun and informative.

I was too late to enter but glad to discover that I was ready to give something like this a try.

Okay, mine is in, Just an hour late.

So mine went in this afternoon I did it sitting outside our tent in Luxembourg never used scrivener on iPad before so I apologise now but family called our son is doing ironman tomorrow but I just did not want to not do it and managed to use phone paired to iPad to send :smiley:
Good luck all and thank you rog for all your hard work so far and to come still

Still working on mine. I know Iā€™m past the deadline.

I just sent it in.
Apologies for the appallingly beastly tardiness.

Mine went in late too. I had the countdown clock up and it kept adding time. Iā€™m not sure what is going on, but itā€™s still counting down to something. :confused:

I set my language to UK English, but when I tested it all that it did was stop highlighting UK spellings; didnā€™t catch US spellings. :frowning: I donā€™t think I used any of the obvious ones anyway, which is a shame, but I did remember that they apparently use ā€˜amongstā€™ and ā€˜towardsā€™ much more often in the UK and gleefully went with my instinct to use them over ā€˜amongā€™ and ā€˜towardā€™. And after Iā€™d carefully trained myself out of it!
I did forget they have different quotation rules, but I didnā€™t have that many quotations sooo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Almost there now - just a handful of chapters still to come in before I can start the magic of compile and upload.

How has everyone found it this year? Has it been fun?

Itā€™s been brill. Iā€™m a first timer and I loved it. Cannae wait to read it.

Huge thanks to Rog for the Herculean effort in getting th s off the ground.

Opening the brief was like unwrapping my first Tiny Tears Doll - Christmas Day 1979 give or take a year or two.

Itā€™s been more than fun. Iā€™ve grown and learned ā€¦ Iā€™ve identified things that I want to work on in my writing. Iā€™ve also learned a great deal of strange facts about the afterlife that I now have to remember arenā€™t true. That a skilled Marley boasts a 60% conversion rate, but only about 5% last long-term ā€” are statistics Iā€™ll be quoting for a long time.

I had a great time. Thank you so may for handling the hard part. Although after reading some of the responses and the amount of work others did, I almost feel like I cheated. I had a heck of a time drafting my chapter, spent the entire night writing and rewriting, throwing my hands up in the air and saying ā€œforget it. I donā€™t want to be a writer. This blows.ā€

So see you in October. :smiley: