No Compilation with End Notes

Compiling my (long) document with the endnotes doesn’t work well.

I would like to show the endnotes ath bottom of each page where they are, not at the end of the document.

Unfortunately when I select this option the document is never compiled.
EndNote.jpg

In the second way I’ve added a page with the Endnote tag, but that doesn’t work better.

To have my document compiled I have to unselect the option in the compile window.
But that doesn’t get the good result.

Could you give me your advices please?

That convention would usually be referred to as footnotes, rather than endnotes. Scrivener itself is not capable of generating footnotes (that is actually fairly complicated in terms of page layout, and Scrivener hardly does any page layout to begin with). So if you need footnotes the best way to go about it is to compile to RTF and open that in a word processor or desktop publishing software. (If you use Pages you’ll need to use DOCX.)

The option you point to with the green box is for something else. Those are for grouping endnotes together in a specific place other than the very end of the document. For example you might want them all gathered at the end of every chapter, or at a specific point in the paper (as some academic writing requires). You just want them printed at the bottom of the same page their marker came from if at all possible.

That exactly what I would like to obtain, espcially at the bottom of the same page their marker came from…but I don’t know to do (OK I’m wrong with the option box in the compiling window for doing that).

Could you tell me how to do, please? (thanks in advance)

As noted above: “So if you need footnotes the best way to go about it is to compile to RTF and open that in a word processor or desktop publishing software. (If you use Pages you’ll need to use DOCX.)”

Basically you’re using a format that doesn’t support footnotes, that’s why there are no options for them. If you switch to a format that does support them, you will see the options in this compile pane change, and you’ll find more settings for footnotes specifically, instead of just endnote options.

Sorry for my misunderstanding, and I thank you one more time.

Only PDF format

You could try the “Épreuve” setting in the Compiler, under Paramètres d’impression. This output is not quite as good, and fonts might get changed, but if you can make it work, that will lay out footnotes on the page.