no Full Screen mode

Good day,

I did some searching around here and on the web but I can’t seem to find what my issue here could be. I can’t seem to enable full screen mode. I’ve purchased Scrivener through the app store, and on all the machines I’ve installed it on, the full screen mode button is greyed out. Scrivener is still a great product, but I’d love to be able to use full screen mode. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Using my magical powers, I am sensing that you are using a beta release of Lion. I assume this because Scrivener’s full screen mode doesn’t work on Lion in 2.0.5, because Lion’s new full screen code clashes with an internal name used for Scrivener’s full screen mode. This has been fixed for 2.1 so that full screen will work on Lion (I have started work on Lion compatibility but obviously cannot promise full compatibility until Lion’s release - I will of course be making sure Scrivener is fully compatible with Lion for its release).

This is actually fixed in the beta available here, but that will push you onto the trial version because you bought from the Mac App Store and beta releases currently only work with the serial number version. There is a way Mac App Store users can get that version working, so let me know if you are indeed on Lion and you really want to try that beta and I’ll let you know how (it’s a bit convoluted, but the process will become automated with 2.1 so that all users will be able to test out betas regardless of where they bought from). Or, you can just wait for version 2.1 to be released on the App Store, although that may be a few weeks as yet.

Thanks for buying!

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith - thought I tested this on my Leopard machine and it didn’t work either, but you’re right. The product is still great even with no full-screen, I can wait for 2.1!

Thanks again.

Chris

Thanks Craig, much appreciated! I’m very much looking forward to Lion, by the way - Scrivener’s corkboard works especially nicely in Lion’s new full screen mode (which will start working a little bit further down the line).

All the best,
Keith