No Sound in iOS 10 for Imported Video Files

Hi all,

I’ve run into an interesting problem since updating to iOS 10 on the iPad Pro. I’ve been using Scrivener to do live note taking on video lecture files - I leave the video playing in the right hand pane and use the quick reference tab on the left to take notes, and pause/play as I go to take notes on the lectures as a summary tool. It’s how I use Scrivener on the Mac as well. It was working perfectly well until I upgraded to iOS 10 on the ipad and now… no sound output. The volume is cranked up, nothing is muted, and the files are definitely synched - I can play them directly in the dropbox app and there are no issues whatsoever. I’m really not sure what is going on, but since the upgrade (and nothing else, hah nothing), Scrivener isn’t giving me any sound output any longer.

To make it more intriguing, the files play fine on Scrivener on iPhone - in iOS 10.

I have deleted and resynched the project; no dice.

Any one else - or any suggestions? The files are MP4 with AAC audio.

-A

To continue the story, I can confirm that rolling back to iOS 9.3.5, which is both irritating and mildly time consuming, completely fixes the issue.

Not sure exactly what’s going on with 10.0.1 on iPad here.

-A

No one else or no thoughts huh? A shame - stuck on iOS 9 on the iPad at the moment because of this.

-A