Not really worried, but...

I’m running Scrivener 3.5 on a Windows 7 (64-bit, if that matters) machine. I just had the following error/crash after I tried to switch to my desktop for a moment (this is the Windows report, if that helps you at all):

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Scrivener.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e846457
Fault Module Name: QtGui4.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.7.2.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e84570c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00045bd2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I’m not worried about data loss. Thank you all for trying to get this program up and running for us.

–Eden

Hi Eden,

Thanks for the report. Could you detail the steps of what you were doing when the crash came? What had you been doing in Scrivener, how did you switch to the desktop, etc. Anything you remember would help figure out what the problem was. Thanks!

Certainly:

I had a document open with two pieces of text in vertical columns. Not doing much fancy… just skimming and comparing, occasionally correcting spelling. Also had the tutorial open in another document but it was idle.

To swap to the desktop, I used the little Desktop >> off my tool bar. As soon as my desktop listing came up, Scrivener was down… Or actually it was “white-out”-ed (looked like it might through wax paper) with the little Windows “I’m thinking” spinning mouse pointer. I actually didn’t realize there was a crash for a moment because I thought it might have been SeaMonkey staring and making the Aero desktop act funny as I’d just installed the new update for my browser as well and wasn’t sure if it would start smoothly until it had verified its plug-ins.

Anyway, it never got that far. The screen stayed hazy white, and when I switched back to Scrivener, there was the friendly error message.

So anyway, probably far more than you needed to know, but rather than miss anything, I’ll err on the side of excess. Let me know if there is more that I can tell you. For the record, I had no problem restarting the program.