Not sure if Scrivener can do this

Hi,

I want to do something which I’d think Scrivener could do but not sure how.

I’m using Scrivener to hold all the notes on a project I’m working on. I have a lot of text in many different flies in the binder. I want to be able to highlight text and assign a label which I can name. Then I want to have a list of these label names I can click on and it will bring up all the highlight text assigned to them.

I’ve spent time learning keywords but it doesn’t seem to work like this. When you search keywords it brings up the file the keyword exists in but not the highlighted text.

Labels in the inspector only works for the whole file in which I want specific text inside the files.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

No, there’s no way to assign keywords to specific chunks of text in Scrivener, only to documents. You could potentially use inspector comments for this, depending on your needs.

All the best,
Keith

Off the top of my head, the only program I can think of that will do that sort of thing is TAMS Analyzer, but you wouldn’t want to use that for writing. It’s for textual analysis by ethnographers and psychologists. You could find it on MacUpdate.

Martin.