Not Very Intuitive

I have been using WriteWay Pro for the past three years. It appears to be just as powerful as Scrivener, but is a lot more intuitive and easier to use. Unlike Scrivener, I was able to create a novel without needing to read a 300+ page book.
I purchased David Hewson’t book Writing a Novel With Scrivener thinking that would help. I found it to be a total waste of time and money.
All I want to do is create a book, add chapters, and scenes to the chapters. So far I haven’t found anywhere in the Scrivener manual or Hewson’t book that tells me how to do that. If I can’t figure out how to do that I’ll just have to pull the plug and keep writing with WriteWay pro.
Not being negative, just stating the facts.

There’s several ways to do that:

Right-Click on the word Draft (might be called Manuscript if you started with one of the project templates) over in the binder | Add | New Folder. Call it Chapter 1. Right-Click on that new folder | Add | New Text | Call it Scene 1.

Or

Click the small arrow to the right of the green Add button - that’ll bring up a menu that’ll let you choose between adding a new folder or text.

Or

Ctrl+Shift+N to create a new folder, Ctrl+N to create a new text. (I think, haven’t used WinScriv in a while…)

Or

There’s buttons at the very bottom of the Binder for creating new folders/texts.

Or

On the Project Menu, use the New Text/New Folder options (that’s their location on the Mac, I think they’re in the same place on Windows, but if not, have a look through the menus, they’re around someplace.

You might want to set aside some time to work through the Interactive Tutorial Project (File | New Project, it’s the first one in the Getting Started section). That should get you up to speed on using Scriv. :slight_smile: