Notecard Issue

Greetings,

I am trying the current Windows Beta running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit environment.

I have noticed that when I am editing a notecard (either in cork board view or under the inspector/synopsis view) that there appears to be no way to enter text on separate lines of the notecard. Using enter or the down arrow doesn’t switch lines. I’ve tried using as well to eventually get to the next line but it seems the cursor gets distracted by whatever is over the edge of the screen and never does come back around.

If I copy and paste text that I typed out in the scratch pad with the proper line breaks I want, the notecard will then appear properly with text on separate lines. It appears to me that using the enter key in the cork board has a different function (and that’s fine), but I don’t really understand why enter or the down arrow would not move to the next line on the synopsis view. I’m sure I’m probably not the only one out there who likes to put words on separate lines occasionally rather than always using large blocks of text!

I hope this makes sense! Overall I’m enjoying the program and can’t wait for the final release.

Hi Trixilly,

If you go into Edit>Options and click on the Navigation tab, you can uncheck the preference under Return Key Behavior so you can use Return to enter multiple lines in synopses (this applies to the inspector as well).

Thanks for giving Scrivener a try, and I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far!

Thanks for this tip. I was also wondering about this
Marta

Thank you so much!