Notes

I don’t know where to start. I don’t even know what question I have. What I know is I’m utterly confused about notes and how they work in the beta. :confused: :confused: :confused:

First, in the Inspector we have Notes, and inside is a section called Notes (the one with the yellow background).

Second, there is that article:
https://www.literatureandlatte.com/blog/project-notes-are-dead-long-live-project-notes
— explaining how the Notes are dead, and we should use Bookmarks panel to create notes.
The new notes created in that Bookmarks panel go into a folder in the binder, which doesn’t refer back to the original document I created the note for.

Third, if we already have a separate Notes section in the Inspector why do we need a second way to create notes?

Fourth, the bookmarks floating panel looks nothing like this picture.

I’m totally lost and in desperate need of help to understand how the Notes work in the beta.

If anyone can help me with this, I’ll be very much obliged. Thank you,
K

That’s because Bookmarks are the successor to Project Notes, and by definition are not associated with a specific document.

The Notes panel in the Inspector is for Document Notes, which are associated with a specific document.

Katherine

Thank you very much Katherine. I was also confused by this and it makes way more sense now!