Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

A STICK!?! MY FAVORITE!
chases

A SQUIRREL!??!?!?!?!?!!!? MY FAVORITE!
drops stick, chases squirrel

Returns, drops angry, slobber-drenched squirrel in Jasen’s lap
There you go, pal. I upgraded your stick! No need to thank me.

That’s a sick stunt t’ pull!! :open_mouth: Droppin’ one of these in numpty’s lap!
youtube.com/watch?v=dEK2weXDowU

squirrels > sticks

That’s just science.

in our world it is more
stick < squirrel < rabbit < rdale

My big boy and girl are over here looking for a new play toy…

better show the kids this. ehow.com/how_4443525_talk-squirrels.html

I wish to participate! In other words, I will agree, abide and, when the moment is ripe, write!
Thanks for the opportunity!
Dave

Yup! That’s one thing you can count on around here, ripeness. In terms of the humor of some, at least. :stuck_out_tongue: 8)

Something decidedly fishy about that statement.

Hey Dave, welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you a Direct Message with the next steps.

We’re only 3 spaces away from pushing into a third version of the book!

Probably a decent time to bump the thread on Scribophile and provide the info again!

I have an engagement party (someone else’s) and various other things to work around on the day, but count me in, we can make this work somehow… right…?

Matt

An engagement party? Is that even a thing? I mean, it’s essentially a party to celebrate the fact that they intend to have another party a little bit later?

Sounds like the sort of thing you can take your laptop to and silently work in the corner. :smiley:

I’ve added you to the list. Welcome back!

You know us Aussies, any excuse to party… :smiley:

You can think of an engagement party as a kind of practice wedding. You get to argue over the guest list, menu and music; watch family members not talk to each other, get drunk, then talk loudly and indiscriminately about each other to anyone nearby (except each other); learn which friends really care (they send their apologies ahead of time); and discover why so many people have a gift list for their wedding. If you still want a wedding with your current partner after all that, your marriage will probably be OK. :unamused:

Naw, Vic-K, just cheeky to the max. :wink:

And would we have it any other way[size=150]‽[/size] Not on your proverbial!!
I was playing with ripe :laughing:
Yours: 8. Coarse or indecent; vulgar: the comic’s ripe language.
Mine: 9. Emitting a foul odor: “The mountains of ripe bushmeat in every camp”
Courtesy of The Free Dictioary.

Well, there’s less than a month to go now until the big day. We’re a couple of heads shy of our second version of the book, but I reckon we can make it to three this year!

Great to see such a nice blend of regulars and new joiners this year! Where will people be writing from on the day? Do you lock yourself away in room by yourself? Head down to the local coffee shop?

For previous events when I’ve written a chapter myself I’ve locked myself away somewhere with a big whiteboard and an inexhaustible supply of tea, but given that I’m just in editing / compiling mode this year I might head over to a bookshop café for part of the day.

From T0 to T6:00:00 I will be contemplating the plot while attempting to capture shrimp for winter eats.

T6:00:00 to T9:00:00 I will be bemoaning the idiocy of planning to plot while shrimping and cleaning shrimp for storage.

from T9:00:00 to T15:00:00 I will be NOT sleeping and will be waking up every 30 minutes to scribble some plot point on the night stand tablet, but will be unable to comprehend the writing the next day.

T15:00:00 to T16:00:00 will be morning ablutions combined with futile attempts to decode previous night scribblings.

T16:00:00 to T18:00:00 will be breaking of fast with random chore requests from the boss lady followed by arguing over why she approved the time off and then wants to pretend the approval never happened even though I have SIGNED approval.

T18:00:00 to T20:00:00 will be doing my chores.

T20:00:00 to T22:00:00 will get getting all my stuff to the writing area which is the neighbors dock.

T22:00:00 T23:00:00 will get getting it all back from the dock to the house since the neighbors will show up unannounced with 9,000,000,000,000 relative all who want to use the dock.

T23:00:00 to T23:30:00 will be spent trying to get my system to load the right play list.

T23:50:00 to T23:59:30 will be writing from the trunk of the car since it’s the only place boss lady won’t look.

T23:59:30 to T23:59:59.9999 will be sending you the results.

This is my optimistic plan.

Should this plan fail I will write from the neighbors dock with several poles in the water hoping dinner will wait till I’m done writing. If the dock is busy I will go to “the bait shop” and attempt the same. Should a storm happen then I’ll have to resort to a combination of the house and coffee shop. I have a flight to catch later that night (post event) so I won’t go anyplace dramatic or inspirational.

Your plan has you submitting four hours late!

Not sure how since T0 is start time as set by your magic click thingymawhopper. It is also known as “the mail delivery ding”.

Deadline is 8pm. :smiley: