Novel-in-a-Day 9½ - SPECIAL APOCALYPSE EDITION

HIYA EVERYONE!

Wow! Putting chapters together into 7 different books takes a looooong time!
Sorry for the delay in getting the books up. We had huge numbers take part this time, and, for some reason significantly more people submitted at or near the deadline this year rather than spread our through the day.

Anyway - the books are NOW LIVE! Head over to the Library (or go straight to the book) to check it out.

Whoo-hoo! And I see a certain someone earned his coveted espresso cup this year!

What a terrible idea that was! Wow. :smiley:

If anyone else would like their own NiaD9½ Novella-in-a-Day espresso award… you can download (or link) to the file at: pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/9half.png

Hahaha! :smiley:

We’re very proud of you Piggy! Thanks for bringing it all together.

October will come. Wake [us] up when September ends. Last time it was zombies. Wonder what’ll come round NiAD10…

Yep, the typos! the typos! I knew I should have asked my wife to read it before I pushed the SEND button.

BTW, I added my coffee cup, but I can’t get it onto the same line. Could someone give me advice on the coding?

Ian, I got logic errors:

Those in my field understand: typos < grammatical errors < logical errors. My writing works, it satisfies the brief, but it doesn't fit what everyone else has written, as expected in every NiaD.

I should feel worse than you :smiley:

They can’t be on the same line. I tried. You can’t reconcile Montagues and Capulets unless… you know.

I made a mistake :shock: Used a name twice for different made up characters. Might not be noticeable, but I know it’s there.

Orange is readable fun! Roberta gettin’ things done!

Thank you all very much for this cozy project. Hope more folks can get what they need out there.

“If there’s a best part of the end of the world,” thought the Congresswoman, “it’s the islands of competence that show how much worse it could be.”

For those of you who are keeping count, there are actually 1,633,640,400 distinct versions of The District to be read and enjoyed. Better get cracking!

The Bespoke Edition of NIAD 9 1/2 is now available.

http://gbrish.net/niadweb/2020X

This website edition is designed to enable you to easily survey and browse all of the written chapters of the book, and, if you choose, to compile your own bespoke version.

And it is definitely the best place to read all 1,633,640,400 distinct versions of the book!

Need some urgent help please tried to put coffee cup in and lost the lot I cannot see what I did wrong any help please a pasted code thanks

lol its back just without the half

I just cant work out how to add it being as I think my brain is still addled from champagne yesterday can you help thanks

Morning all

I got very excited to see that my contribution made the cut - was there a cut? Did all submissions get in? - into the Orange version. I am keen to see how my chapter fits in with the others. Hopefully, it does!

Can anyone help me with adding the expresso cup?
I have tried to add both the image itself and the URL for it into my signature but it kinda didn’t work.

Happy reading of whatever colour version you are in.

Gavin

[url=https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/the-district-niad-9/49445/1]
[quote]
When the going gets tough... [img]http://pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/9half.png[/img]
[/quote]
[/url]

That’s…
Over.
Billion!!!
:open_mouth:

Thanks gr!!!

And NiAD 9¾ shall be called 2020HP…

Thank you! Works a treat.

You’re very welcome :smiley:

OMG no more champagne that took me a while but have it up there now:) thanks guys

Hey everyone! Just checking in now that I’ve caught up on a bit of sleep to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part. I was overwhelmed by the response!

As always, special thanks are due to Keith and the whole LL team for very kindly hosting us again and letting us clog up their forum for a bit – and of course, for producing Scrivener which makes planning and producing even multi-version collaborative novels simple!

For anyone new to NiaD and the forum, I’d defintely recommend checking out the Scrivener project file used to produce the book, which contains all the info in the briefing packs which got sent to everyone, as well as the submissions themselves and a bunch of cover images. You can even download the compile settings used to produce the books. All that’s available on the book page itself.