Novel-in-a-Day (NIAD)... Day

this website privides a wonderful little tool to help coordinate time for everyone partifcipating in an event; makes sure everyone is on the same page (or is that the same clock): timeanddate.com/

hi there. i’ve checked my email and don’t see a message from you. i don’t seem to have any unread messages in the forum either. i’ve just emailed you.

RDG: I will email out sections as soon as it becomes Saturday in the UK, or as soon as possible after that. So probably about 0:05 am UK time on Saturday 15th October 2011. Which is about 6 and a half hours from now.

MW: Aaaaarrrrrghghhh!!!
I’ll see what I can do to get you back in, but really can’t promise.

it’ll be great if you can. even though i’ll be disappointed if you can’t, i understand if it doesn’t happen. fixed the problem as to why i didn’t get a notification. look forward to seeing the results.

Oh crap, this is happening tomorrow? On a Saturday? Dammit, and I’m looking after the kids all morning. Eek, this is going to be fun.

Yes, tomorrow. All day.

Rog

(not Rob)
being gruff and quirky since KB’s last comment

:wink:

Can,t wait, going to be a fun day and weekend as it all comes together and we hear about the final book. Wishing all my fellow writers good luck and a happy day writing:))

Just rent ‘em out for the morning to the local chimney sweep…wassamatta wi’ y’s tch!tch! jeeezz!!

Umm … even though I’m on the other side of the world, I have a feeling that Cornwall time is still British Summer Time, i.e. GMT+1. Cornwall hasn’t yet managed to re-instate the Tinners Parliament and legislate such things independently of Westminster. :wink:

Has PigFender taken that into account? In the immortal words of I forget whom … “I think we should be told”!!!

Non-participating Mr X

VIC: That’s the spirit! Today, kids, we are going to learn to play a game called “bring daddy a constant stream of fresh coffee”

MARK: Trouble maker! :slight_smile:

HOMEPORT: Yay! Not long now…

I am running a little late - apologies, please bear with me.

Rog

Am out in California. Has it started yet? Will you be sending information for each of our chapters to our email address or somewhere on the lit&latte site? Good luck everyone!

am hoping to get mine in email but whatever works is ok. I was wondering will we be told what tense we are writing this in, first person, third?

You’ll get instructions and all the info via e-mail from what I understand. There isn’t anywhere on our site except for this thread here, so you can subscribe to this thread to get notification of posts made to it as well.

I’ve not sent things out. I’m having technical problems so I’m going to have to re-extract info and mail them one-by one. If you are in the US and waiting I’ll prioritise you so let me know on this forum.
(I guess that’s likely to include padaro, homeport, RDG, Ioa, Brian B… ?)
They will go out either by PM or email depending on what you requested by email.

“style guide” is essentially third person. You can dip into anyone’s perspective although usual rules of good taste apply about mixing it up in a single chapter. Also under no circumstance should you dip into MICHAEL’s perspective. HE can tell people what he is thinking, but the narrator can’t!

Other than that, let’s have “double quotes” for speech!

G’day,
Wouldn’t mind getting on the early list too, if possible.

I am in Australia here and it is 10:30am, so I have about 12 useful hours I can work with from now, and my brain switches into coding mode late at night.

No huge rush, just wouldn’t want it to be another hour or more.

Matt

I don’t need mine early.

I’ll have to start (or really get going on it) in about 12-13 hours from now, which will be my Saturday morning, due to commitments this evening. I might get some writing done before I go to bed tonight (roughly 5 hours from the time of this posting). Good luck everyone. Can’t wait to see the final product!

Apologies to anyone tuning in late - Technical problems (lost files!) means I’m having to manually re-extract everyones sections again and send individually. Some of you should have these already now. If you are up and hoping to be writing right now - LET ME KNOW. If you are asleep, it will be waiting for you when you get up.

Also - LOCATION SHEETS will follow last of all.
This should probably only be a big deal for anyone writing something at "the House.
Let me know if you need the floorplan and general description early!

I’d like to get mine early if it’s not too much trouble. I’m in the US, and would like to be able to sleep on it. Thanks.