Novel-in-a-Day (NIAD)... Day

Sure looks like it. :smiley:

(First draft 10% done and counting.)

thats two done!

Mine is almost nearly ready to start thinking about maybe opening some sort of typing software.

(Anyone know a good one?)

Done. Sleep now.

ummā€¦ let me think about that for a whileā€¦

Thanks Dibee.

Mustā€¦ resistā€¦ temptation to readā€¦

Mustā€¦ work onā€¦ own manuscriptā€¦

THATā€™S ANOTHER ONE DONE!

W00t!

(27% done here.)

morning folks. setting up to get started. thinking a trip to the cafe may be in order so i can get through with few if any interruptions. would you believe we had a power outtage last night as i slept (almost like a baby)? iā€™m on track though. itā€™s 09:09 AM my time making it 15:09 the time zone weā€™re guided by. almost 5 hours 'til. iā€™ll report back at the eleventh hour if i havenā€™t already subbed. coffee! i need coffee! maybe hot cocoa will do. :smiley:

pigfender, try this free software: openoffice.org/ or, thereā€™s always scrivener.

Just emailed mine in now.

I actually completed it at about 2 in the afternoon, which is around 11 hours ago. Just decided to sit on it and read over it later before I sent it in.

Hope everyone else is progressing well.

Goodnight.

Itā€™s eight and a half hours till the deadline, I got a full thermos of tea, a half-formed scene in my head, itā€™s no longer dark, and Iā€™m wearing my glasses.

Letā€™s do this!

(Apologies to any Blues Brothers movie fans.)

Thanks Matt, Iā€™ve received it safe and sound. With you that makes 5 in already. (20%!)

Four hours to go and on the home stretch (64%) with the hardest part behind me. :slight_smile: Iā€™m liking this project!

Delivered. And now I want to know what happens next.

Statistics (in case anyone cares): Started 13:08, finished 16:20, 2,566 words.

Sent mine in too , but now wondering if it should be longer, lot of dialogue in that chapter. Let me know Pigfender still plenty of time to change or add to it,

2,566 of them were brilliant.
(makes you sickā€¦)

I HAVE A QUESTION:

Has Dr. Lisa Warneā€™s office been described before? I envision it being completely unlike a private psychiatristā€™s office (soothing, tidy, big couch, comfy chairs). Instead, Iā€™m picturing it being a little cramped a window up high in the wall above shelves jammed with notes, periodicals and reference books; a computer taking up far too much of a moderate sized desk. Two ordinary, well-worn chairs for visitors.

If this conflicts, please let me know and Iā€™ll adjust the setting in my second pass through.

Sorry, Robert, canā€™t help you. I donā€™t have that office in mine.

Done with my first draft. It clocks in at 1,764. First a break, then edits. Hope my words will be just as brilliant as Michaelā€™s. :smiley:

V.

Drats have just given in the chapter and I have it totally different not sure if i should give out info? maybe she interviews in different rooms?

I do have small room high up small window too, but t=its a bare room just table, two chairs and jug water and two glasses, and flickering bulb.

okay. iā€™m sitting at the puter folks. outline is complete. let the fingers fly!