Numbered Lists Come Out Wrong

This numbered list looked fine in Scrivener, but in the MOBI and DOCX formats:

That’s a fairly common problem with the text engine (the other manifestation being parts of a manuscript that come out numbered, but aren’t numbered in Scrivener—same problem, but in your case you have physical numbers typed in). It is probably all a side-effect of its unorthodox approach to listing. It is easily fixed by selecting the damaged list and setting its list type to “none” from the Format menu. Clean up any itemisers left behind, and then apply the list formatting again.

This happened again today, and I didn’t notice until I’d compiled the DOCX, MOB, and ePub. It happened with a bulleted list. I almost didn’t detect the problem.

I’ve decided never to use the list feature.