Numbering documents in a (sub)folder

I am using Scrivener 3 for Windows (Beta) for a blog. (Planning to upgrade once it’s available)

The organization of the folders / documents is something like:

Year

Month

Individual Post

Sections of post

Point (which may have several paragraphs)

How would I auto-number the points?

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the “Enumerated Outline” compile format, by right-clicking on it in the left sidebar and duplicating it. In the Section Layouts pane, the “Decimal Outline” item will probably be what you want, assuming “1.8.12” style numbering is what you are looking for. To see how this numbering is done, click on the “Title Options” tab and copy the prefix.

Now you should be able to paste that code into your main compile format, wherever headings should be numbered by your layouts.

[size=80]────────
Moderator Note: moved to v3 beta forum. The Using Scrivener board is for posting tips and use cases.[/size]

Hi, I didn’t follow your instructions. I’d like to number the documents in certain folders in my binder (but not in other folders), and have only those documents in that selected folder re-number if and when I move the documents around within that same folder. How do I do that?

The Outliner view provides auto-numbering of the items and its sub children. Check the Outliner view options in the Outliner header.