Numbers showing up next to my Chapter headings when I've compiled mobi file

Hi all

I need help with the updated Scrivener. I’ve used Scrivener since 2014 for my writing but since purhasing the 3.0.2 version a few months ago I’m struggling. I’ve complied a new novel I’m working on into a mobil file, so I can put on my Kindle and edit.
I’ve gone into ‘Chapter Headings’ and selected As is - as I want to use my own headings.
I’ve then gone into ‘Scene’ and selected, As Is, also.
Then compiled.
When I’ve opened the mobi file in Kindle it is showing the following;
Ignore the text, as I have placed those and they are correct, I just don’t want the ‘digits’
Any suggestions, how to remove them.

Also, there are some bulletpoints, further along too. I used to find Scrivener so simple and it seems to have become a nightmare since the newer version came aong. Prob, just me, but any tips would be so appreciated :slight_smile:

1. Chapter One
  2. Four Months Ago…

Cheers :smiley:

Would it be possible to zip up and post a sample project showing the issue using “Attachments” beneath the reply box?

I assure I didn’t spend the three years it took to create Scrivener 3 trying to make it harder. :slight_smile: Compile was rebuilt to make it more flexible and less depending on hierarchical structure, which used to confuse nearly everyone. I don’t think I’ll ever get it to a point where nobody complains that it’s too complicated… (At least not without stripping the ability to choose your own project structure or final format.)

Thanks for this. I’m sure it’s just me being a ditz :blush: and to be fair it is much easier in many ways, I can see that already. Just what we get used to I suppose. I’ve taken a screenshot of the issue and attached it here, so you can see my issue. I basically don’t want the numbers next to the ‘Prologue’. The ‘Prologue’ wording has been typed by me and in a’Scene’ doc and not added via metadata :slight_smile: I am then continuing in the same format with ‘Chapter one, Chapter Two’ and so on…

Did you type “Prologue” in the editor? If so, I wonder if it has some list formatting associated with it. Try this:

• Select the entire “Prologue” paragraph in the editor and go to Format > Lists and choose “None” (was something else ticked in there?) Then try compiling to see if that helps.

If that doesn’t help, I’m happy to take a look at the project, which you can either attach here or email to us at mac.support AT literatureandlatte.com.

All the best,
Keith