ODF Compile Hangs

Hi,

I’m using Scrivener 3.1.5 and when I compile to ODF, the compile hangs (does not complete) at the final stage.

I followed troubleshooting tips from another ODF thread, and this occurs even on single paragraph text sections. I’m not quite sure if there’s anything in those text sections that would cause the ODF converter to hang – there aren’t any images.

This didn’t used to happen in an earlier version, so I could also try reverting to 3.1.3, for example, but I don’t have access to that .dmg anywhere.

I have to use ODF compile since all my footnotes are using Zotero. Thanks for your help.

I don’t see a past download for 3.1.3, but you can get 3.1.4 here:

literatureandlatte.com/scri … s?os=macOS

Many thanks! I was able to download older versions by changing the filename in the URL, but after going all the way back to 3.0.3 I realize it’s not an issue with the newest version but rather something going on with how long the compile is taking. Pulling up Activity Monitor it seems the compile needs to occur for about 20+ minutes, and I had just been assuming it was hanging, but it was actually processing.

So, please ignore the original post. Sorry to trouble everyone!

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end! :slight_smile:

How did Activity Monitor let you know that Scrivener was still working? Just high CPU use?
Couldn’t that still be hanging?