Official support for back matter

Scrivener recognizes that books have front matter by giving them a special denotation in the compile settings, but there is no such thing for back matter. With each platform vendor doing different, wacky things with their software, it’s really handy to have separate folders of back matter at hand.

Currently, I have to include those in my manuscript and then uncheck the ones I don’t want rather than just selecting the front matter for this compile. Is it possible to promote back matter to first class citizen status and get a similar compile option? :slight_smile:

It’s definitely on the list for possible future inclusion, but it probably won’t see the light of day for a few updates yet.
All the best,
Keith

I’d like to jump on the bandwagon and push for the inclusion of Back Matter, also. I’m a fantasy writer, and I usually include glossaries and appendices with my novels, so being able to include these as part of the compile process in a manner similar to the way front matter is handled would be awesome.

—Andy H

It’s still on the list, don’t worry! I’m a little wary of having two options right at the bottom of the “Contents” pane, but that’s a minor matter. It’s not a trivial one to just shoehorn in, though, as it takes quite a lot of code given how complex Compile is.

All the best,
Keith