Open Recent not working

Hello,

Just got a new laptop running OS 10.8.2 and installed Scrivener on it. This may be a really dumb question, but I am not sure what is happening. I work in a project, close Scrivener down and when I go back to Scrivener to load the project again the “Open Recent” is blank. I have created several test projects and no matter how many projects I have it is like it is always cleared even though I have never told it to “clear menu.”

On my iMac which has Scrivener this does not happen (it is on Snow Leopard 10.6). Am I missing a setting somewhere or is it something else? I can go into the “Open an Existing File” and load whatever I want, but the convenience of “open recent” just doesn’t seem to be working.

Thanks,
Michael

If you go to “General” in “System Preferences”, how many “Recent Items” are set to be displayed? I’m wondering if that could have got to set to “None” somehow. The “Recent” menu is populated by OS X, not by Scrivener, so that would be the most likely explanation.

All the best,
Keith

Yep that was it. Thank you. I didn’t know Mac OS X populated that and I have no idea why that would come preset out of the box to “None” (at least on my machine it did.) Problem solved.