Open Recent

Would it be possible to be able to edit the ‘Open Recent’ dropdown, removing titles you don’t need to open again? It’s a mess having to reopen all my projects when I do a ‘Clear Menu’ to clear the decks. Or is it a MacOS thing?

Hi.

Each time you open a project, it is brought to the top of the list.
So, basically, the list is already “managing” itself, with those projects you don’t “need” sinking to the bottom…

. . . . .
There is also:

. . . . .
And last, Windows has this so perhaps Macs too:
You can pin projects in the OS taskbar by right clicking the Scrivener icon.

I think that per your description of what you do and what you want, the best would be for you to use favorite projects instead of recent projects…
Or lower the project count of your recent projects list.

1 Like

It is a MacOS thing. In fact, on MacOS, the number of recents listed is controlled in System Preferences.

So, Scrivener makes available this Recents menu item (as many apps do), but is not in control of what is there.

To echo what Vincent said: the Favorites menu item is a much better way to go. If you are like most of us, you have a fairly stable stable of projects you regularly work with. It doesn’t change all the time. So, Favorites is perfect for this. Let the Favorites be your go-to menu item for opening your regular projects. Think of the Recents menu as occasional-use: a way to get back to the /odd non-fave project you opened/ recently and want to quickly get back to.

2 Likes