Outline Titles in Scrivening Mode

I am new and this looks like the greatest Outlining tool since I lost my beloved Framework IV in the 80’s

However, I can’t seem to find out how I can flip back and forth between outline view and scrivenings view and see the Outline titles in Scrivenings view…so as I scroll down the text in Scrivenings view I don’t know when I have entered the next “Chapter” … I assume that I am missing something but have poked around the tutorials and manual without finding the key… please help.

Hello Eagles,
When in Scrivenings view, you should be seeing a dashed line across the editor; this marks the separate documents.

Yes, I have that… but in previous outliners I could work in a view that also portrayed the headers of the individual frames of the outline… i.e. 1.1 Introduction 1.2 Next Bit… I am hoping this view is somewhere in Scrivener but haven’t found it so far…

The option to show document titles in Scrivenings mode is in the plan for 2.0, when Scrivenings as a whole will be rewritten (from the underside, if you will) to present smoother editing experience. We also have some navigational tweaks planned to assist working in Scrivenings in conjunction with the binder or the outliner or editor. So this is something we’re aware of and have mapped out. It’s also on the list to have the title of the focussed document appear in the editor header after the name of the container (or “multiple selection” if you’re viewing a set of arbitrary documents), and that I think will make it in for a 1.x update. For now, using View > Reveal in Binder will highlight the focussed document in the binder, or if you open the inspector over on the right, you’ll see the title of the focussed document (and its synopsis) in the index card at the top.

Ah well… patience and all… I sure miss Framework…it was brilliant and only 30 years ahead of its time…

Outlining was only one thing missed…if Scrivener can get me that back then I am on board…