Page Breaks Vanish in Compiled Manuscript

I should probably have known better than to post bug info at the tail end of old threads - I’ve been around the block a few times - but even old dogs forget their old tricks from time to time.

I posted about this in July, didn’t hear from anyone whether it was a known issue, in the works for fixing in 2.0, or something no one had noticed before.

Probably not the last; I posted it in a pre-existing topic about just that bug: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5773&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Playing a little more revealed a little more specific behavior…

Easier to fix, but still taking time away from actually writing.

So… what’s the scoop? :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words about Scrivener. This is a known bug. Basically what is happening is this: to create page breaks a “page break” character gets inserted during the export process. But this character is inserted unformatted, meaning that it takes on whatever attributes come before it. Normally this doesn’t matter as it’s an invisible character, but in the case of annotations that are being removed, the page break character - having taken on the annotation attribute - also gets removed, resulting in no page break.

This is fixed for 2.0 as 2.0 formats the page breaks accordingly, but I’m afraid it’s unlikely to get fixed in 1.x now. To work around it, you could always put an extra return without the annotation formatting after the annotation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Keith

I’ve been working around it like this:

First paragraph of text.
Rest of chapter.
Last sentence of text.

Seems to work (as long as I remember to put the final period after the last annotation), which is in line with the workaround and explanation you gave.

Thanks for the quick reply.