Page numbers restarting each chapter

When I export my project as a .docx file, the page numbers in the header restart at the beginning of each chapter. It’s been doing this since I first started using Scrivener for Mac (a little over a month ago). Is there a setting I need to change to get page numbers for the document instead of each “section” as Word calls them?

Thanks in advance.

Page numbers are working fine for me - I just tested it with the Paperback Novel template and exporting to .docx. Are you opening the files in Word or some other word processor? What template are you using? Can you send or attach a zipped-up sample project?

All the best,
Keith

I started this project in an old Scrivener for Windows novel template. Is that the problem? I can send a sample. I’m using Word, the latest version for Mac, and I’m seeing the same behavior when I open the compiled Word docx file in Word 2010 for Windows. Basically Word sees the chapters as sections.

It shouldn’t really make a difference since the Compile settings will be all Mac. Yes, can you please send us a sample project showing the issue, to mac.support AT literatureandlatte.com, and mark it for my attention (or just zip it up and attach it to the thread if the sample isn’t confidential).

Thanks!

If I might comment—I am having similar problems when compiling my manuscript. I am using Word 365 for Mac. When I export the MS as a Word doc or docx file or an rtf (which I open in word), The page numbering starts over at Chapter 4 (and continues consecutively through the end of the MS). When I compile and export to print or pdf, the numbering is correct. I haven’t had any numbering problems compiling and exporting to epub or mobi. When viewing the headers in the Word document, it shows a switch over to a Section 2 header at Chapter 4. While in Scrivener, If I drag the text file (scene) into the previous chapter folder, the numbering is fine. I deleted the chapter folder and added a new one, copied the text and pasted it (paste and match style) but get the same problem of the numbering starting over. It seems to me that there is a problem somewhere with the export to Word format.

Please send your project (zipped up) to mac.support AT literatureandlatte DOT com so that we can take a look at what is going on.

Thanks!
Keith