Page Orientation Question

I’m working on a document in Scrivener 2.0.2 (6862) and have run into a situation where I would like to use a table and have that one page be landscape oriented rather than portrait (like the rest of the document).

I figured I’d have to do a new text node, so I created that, but can’t seem to get the orientation to change. If I don’t click the Wrap Button (toggle page layout mode) and my screen expands so I can get a page that looks larger than the 8.5x11 portrait style. However, if try to print that page out, it still prints in portrait mode (even with my settings set to base printed page on compile settings).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just one area that hasn’t been fully worked out yet? Don’t get me wrong - I’m actually digging Scrivener (after just a few days of messing with it, I decided to purchase, because I do like it a lot). Just trying to get a feel for whether this is something I’m just not seeing the solution for, or if it is simply a situation where I will need to be accept its limitations.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

Rich and support,

I have the same problem. I have nearly finished my first project written in Scrivener and have come to love the program already. However, I want several documents to be in landscape mode but can’t figure out how to do it.

I have tried changing the page orientation through “file > page setup”, but I can only change the orientation of every document in my project instead of just the few documents I need to change the orientation of.

Have I missed something? I am eager to hear the answer.

Cheers,
Colin

Hi,

As you have discovered, you can only change the orientation for all pages, not for individual pages, because Scrivener isn’t intended as a full layout program - for this sort of thing you should make final edits in a dedicated layout program or word processor when your draft is finished.

All the best,
Keith