Paragraph spacing and weird font issue

Hello everyone! Having an issue with Scrivener where the compiled PDF looks different than expected, and I’ve gone through every option and a dozen exports to try and fix it.
Screenshot attached, but the issue is that during the compile space is being added between paragraphs, when I went through great lengths to remove it inside scrivener. Also, as you can see, there’s a weird font change in the middle of the paragraph that I cannot find inside scrivener.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I might be missing the spot you’re seeing, but I don’t see a font change in this sample (I checked the letter ‘a’ throughout the sample and each one was identical down the anti-aliasing). I see where the tracking between letters is increased beyond what is reasonable, in the last line of the first paragraph, though.

As to the spacing, it’s hard to say what is going on precisely without more information regarding both the result and the setup—there are too many ways to create text that looks that way on purpose. It might be easier to use an output format that is easier to analyse as well, such as RTF. With that you can open it up in a word processor (or even Scrivener), and check the paragraph settings, look for invisible characters and so forth. With PDF we just have a photograph of the result, so to speak.