Paragraphs Lost when Compiling - Block of Text

Hello! I got a little frustrated trying to fix this myself and I hoping there’s a simple solution I just missed. When I compile, either with default settings, or manuscript settings, the Word or rtf documents has none of my paragraphs. All the words are there but every paragraph followed immediately after the last as one giant block of text. Oddly, copy and pasting into word or google docs nearly works, however the italics are lost.

In your compile settings, is “Convert MultiMarkdown to rich text in notes and text” ticked? If so, untick it. Does that help?

1 Like

Have you tried turning on invisibles? On the Mac it’s View > Text Editing > Show Invisibles. Because it sounds like your paragraphs end with a line-feed (hooked arrow :leftwards_arrow_with_hook:︎ ) rather than new paragraph (pilcrow ¶ ).

Does that help?

:slightly_smiling_face:

Mark

HI! Thank you so @xiamenese and @Silverdragon. It ended up being that I had “Convert MultiMarkdown to rich text in notes and text” ticked. I unselected it and everything compiled properly. I don’t remember when I put those settings on. Thank you so much.

1 Like

That was it. Thank you!

1 Like

That was one of the first things I tried and I had all my lovely pilcrows in their little nice perches :grin:. It ended up being my compile settings like Silverdragon suggested. Thank you for the help!