Parser error when exporting to latex

Hi all :slight_smile:

I get an error that I dont understand when trying to export for Latex.

[code]-:30: parser error : PCDATA invalid Char value 14

In a typical composition sequence (and one that most acousmatic composers f ^ -:30: parser error : PCDATA invalid Char value 14

In a typical composition sequence (and one that most acousmatic composers f ^ -:44: parser error : PCDATA invalid Char value 16 elements, that although they might have internal gestural direction, they do not ^ unable to parse -[/code]

The only thing I changed lately which I wouldn’t think it matters is I am now working with the Garamond Premier font. Could that be a problem?

Best

Dionysis

You’ve managed to slip some Unicode control characters into your text and now xsltproc chokes on those control sequences. The easiest way to identify miscreant characters is to copy your text into TextWrangler with ‘Show Invisibles’ activated. You should see several inverted question marks in your text.

Thank you that was it! A bit of a mission to have to go to textwrangler though.
I wonder why show invisibles in scrivener doesn’t help…

Anyways, that is solved :slight_smile:

All the best

Dionysis

It depends on the invisibles in question. Scrivener’s feature is designed to show helpful characters to represent various common control characters, like tabs, carriage returns, and so on. There are many control codes that ordinarily never show up in documents except by mistake. Stuff like the character that means “end of transmission” or the character for “device control #4”. :slight_smile: Hardly anyone really uses those codes any more, including your computer, so it would be a waste of time to think up a bunch of icons for them. Unfortunately, Apple decided to go with a “slim” look and hide all unprintable characters. I much prefer a warning rectangle or the replacement glyph, so I think it’s difficult to find unknown characters and provide a generic icon for them in show invisible mode.

Maybe this is something that MultiMarkdown should filter out?