Partial emptying of trash

It would be great if there was a way to delete just some documents from trash permanently, and not only all. Either by selecting which items to delete or to be able to delete items older than a certain number of days. I normally don’t want to delete items I moved to trash the last week or so, just in case I regret it, but I don’t want to have a huge trashbin either…

I saw this topic discussed here, but don’t know what happened.

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/ability-to-empty-only-selected-items-from-trash/36674/6

(I use Windows beta)

In the beta, the Edit ▸ Delete command is used to remove items from the Trash folder, and the project, permanently.

Oh, I see! Thank you, last time I tried I couldn’t do it, maybe in an earlier beta.

What I do is create a couple of folders near / above / below the Trash folder. Call them whatever you want. Put files you don’t want to delete in one folder (possibly called Unused Files, or Files I Want to Use).

Create another folder called Deleted Files. Put files in it that you want to delete, but aren’t quite sure if you’re ready to delete them from your project yet.

Don’t move anything to Trash that you might not want to keep. In that case, call a new folder Files I Might Want To Keep.

You get the idea.