Pasting opening quote-marks to next line changes line spacing from 2 to 24... Can anyone confirm?

I usually do not add quote-marks when writing. Later, I add the quote-mark to the beginning of a line, then copy the quote-mark to other lines. This has been fine until the latest version.

When I did this today, line spacing went to >24.0, and an extra empty line was added, and the line spacing for the rest of the page required adjustment: That is wrong, on so many levels.

===== Example: 2.0x line spacing:

They were all waiting to watch something amazing.

I knew I was not going to disappoint.

And then it all happened exactly as it was expected.

But, nothing like it was supposed to.

-------- Add the quote-mark to first line, copy and paste to next line:

“They were all waiting to watch something amazing.

“I knew I was not going to disappoint. (>24.0)
And then it all happened exactly as it was expected.

But, nothing like it was supposed to.

===========

Can anyone confirm?

Might be similar to :https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=65105&p=331377&hilit=line+spacing#p331377

Update:
This is also happening when i move, or copy, lines that have quote-marks, and are spaced at 2.0. Pressing enter where they are placed, changes spacing to >24.

I have applied default formatting to the documents. And copying a live with quotes again displays >24.0.

I’ve tried reproducing this behaviour with no success. I’ve tried with paragraph set at ‘no style’ and also with my custom default text body style but I can’t get the line spacing to change just by copy and pasting quote marks.

Maybe I’m missing something in your description?

Good. But, Even new projects do this.

Maybe a corrupt windows clipboard issue.