Pasting text into inline footnote

Hello,
I just noticed that I am unable to paste text into an inline footnote. Instead, the text is pasted outside of the footnote field. It would save a lot of time not to have to manually write the text into the footnote field.
Apologies if I am duplicating an issue which has already been noted.
Loving the program otherwise!

I can confirm this behaviour but I have also uncovered a strange peculiarity.

Test 1

1. Use Ctrl + Shift + F to switch on footnote formatting.
  2. Copy text from Scrivener editor.
  3. Paste
  4. Result is no footnote formatting. Same occurs when using paste and match style command.

Test 2

2. Copy text from webpage open in browser.
  3. Paste
  4. Result is no footnote formatting. Same occurs when using paste and match style command.

Odd behaviour

2. Copy text from browser address bar
  3. Paste
  4. Result is web address is pasted as footnote. Same occurs when using paste and match style command.

Above results also apply when trying to use inline annotation formatting.

Hmm, looks like Paste and Match Style isn’t completely scrubbing the text of style information. The browser and Scrivener based copies will be styled text, while the text coming from the URL bar will definitely be plain-text. You could also try copying from an index card or Microsoft Notepad to confirm that as it would be plain-text as well. So the PaMS command works on the text that is genuinely plain-text from the start, but not the others. Odd.

I can’t test any of this right now as my Windows stuff is all packed, but that is the pattern I noticed in the data you posted.

At any rate, PaMS is the method one should be able to use to paste text into a footnote (or to paste footnote text out as normal text). For now, a workaround is to paste in the text as normal, and then select it and toggle it on as a footnote.

Ioa,

Just confirmed your suspicions about plain text vs formatted text.

Copied text from notepad and I got it to paste as a footnote when using PaMS. If you need to paste footnotes or annotations copying plain text and then using PaMS is the way to go.