PDF Page Size & Margins

I plan on publishing my PDF at CreateSpace as a 6" by 9" paperback. I have several questions about Scrivener’s File => Page Setup (page size & margins) and Compile => Page Settings (margins)

1. When I set File => Page Setup to 6" by 9" with 0" margins Adobe Acrobat show the document properties as 5.5" by 8.5" — Who is right? Is there a way to force “cut lines” so I can see what the actual page will look line. Of course I am actually printing on 8.5" by 11" paper so the margins really large.

2. Both File => Page Setup and Compile => Page Settings have settings for margins. I assume that the interact. How should one set them up for a 6" by 9" paperback?

One painful tip that I learned during my testing was to MAKE SURE that the Cmd-P print screen had all scaling turned off or set to 100%. This seems to work OK with MS Word, but made my Scrivener output always 8.5 by 11 and made the fonts look bigger than I wanted.

I am currently testing on 8.5 by 11 paper.
The File => Page Setup is as follows:8 by 11 with 0 for all margins
The Compile Page Setup is as follow: top and Bottom 1", Left 1.2" and right .75"

The resulting output as measured on the paper is .5" above the header and below the footer. The left and right seem ok.

Do the top and bottom margin apply to the body text rather than the header and footer?
What is the correct setup for a 6" by 9" paperback for CreateSpace?

Happy New Year to all