Picture to avatar

Call me foolish for asking this but how do you put a picture to your avatar? There seems to be no way to add it or select a picture from a gallery on my end.

Yosi baby!
Works f’ moi at my end (metaphorically, obviously :blush: )

Open up 'View Profile
Username:vic-k [ Edit profile ] Age:71Groups: Platform:Mac + WindowsOccupation:Raconteur/Wit/After Dinner SpeakerLocation:Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store
Click [Edit profile]Edit profile

Edit signature
Edit avatar
Edit account settings
Manage “Remember Me” login keys
Edit profile [ View profile ]

Please note that this information may be viewable to other members. Be careful when including any personal details. Any fields marked with a * must be completed.

Edit profile
Edit signature
Edit avatar
Edit account settings
Manage “Remember Me” login keys

[i]Edit avatar

Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 80 pixels, height: 80 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB.
Delete image
Select your avatar

Link to avatar images from another website.

Link off-site:
Enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to.

Specify the width and height of the avatar, leave blank to attempt automatic verification.
px × px[/i]

Yeah, thank Vic. Linking from another website though – what happens when that website goes down?

You lose it, and you have to repeat the whole friggin rigmarole again, with another web site.

Actually, I just struggled with different avatars images, from off ancientgreece.com/s/People/Socrates/

Can’t remember where my earlier Plato avatar came from.

Maybe they’re trying to cut down on their storage space. However, it seems to me that at 60KB per avatar, there’s little storage used by allowing people to upload their own pictures.

It’s no big deal. It’s easy enough done.
Welcome aboard Scriv, doug. You’re not related to Wandering Aengus, are y’? youtube.com/watch?v=NBGZQqRghrs

No relation! I’m sure it’s not too difficult…just a bummer they don’t use the native abilities of the BBS software.

I’ve enabled Gravatar support as well as the ability to upload your own.

Yay, Gravatar! Thank you!

Holy Mabel! Give us a break! :open_mouth: The place’ll be full of friggin’ selfies jeeezzzz tch!tch!tch!

It would all be dear little Fluff’s posthumous fault if that is what becomes of this!

Careful Ioa, you remember what she could become!! :open_mouth: https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/writers-cafa/97/1

Yay! I’m no longer a disembodied head!

Garpu, what gorgeous eyes you have. :wink:

Is dis-em-headed body better?

No.

OK. But I’m contented to be the local headless idiot. It… suits me well.

Finally, I have an avatar here!

:smiley:

Mark

All I know about that is that a without a wouldn’t pass the W3 validator.

What the hell is a W3 Gladiator? :open_mouth: