Placing a landscape page within a document

I want to use a table but would like it to be on a landscape page within the document. I know you can do this with Word using a page break but can’t figure out if this will work in Scrivener. Anybody know if this can be done?

Many thanks.

I’m sorry, this isn’t possible in Scrivener. Page layout is not its strength; it can only support one layout per output document.

Katherine

OK … thanks Katherine :slight_smile:

I am struggling with the same issue and considering the adoption of the following procedure:

1. Write table in landscape format in any other word processor.
  2. When finished, export as PDF.
  3. Use any photo editor to convert to PNG and rotate 90 degrees.
  4. Insert PNG picture into Scrivener document.

Does this song feasible?

Thanks in advance.

I am struggling with the same issue and considering the adoption of the following procedure:

1. Write table in landscape format in any other word processor.
  2. When finished, export as PDF.
  3. Use any photo editor to convert to PNG and rotate 90 degrees.
  4. Insert PNG picture into Scrivener document.

Does this song feasible?

Thanks in advance.

It would probably work, but why?

That is, if you have to bring another tool into the process, what do you gain by pulling the rotated image back into Scrivener? If your ultimate destination is Word, then you can just do the rotation in Word after you’re done. Same thing with a PDF editor if your ultimate destination is PDF.

Katherine

You gain much when the document you use goes through many revisions. With the current (painful) set up, one must find the pages that need reorienting in the compiled document and reorient them.

The other problem that this avoids is the problem of the table itself. The entire reason for changing to a landscape mode for a table of text, is to get more width to fit multiple columns of text in. But if Scrivener thinks its going to compile into a portait mode page, it seems to limit the width of the table to the page it thinks onto which it needs to fit the table.
This, of course means even more work for post-compilation (in Word, for example), to widen the columns, etc., in addition to reorienting the page.
This can get particularly tedious when there is a need to do multiple compilations over the time of preparation of the document.
I would really like it if there were a way to signal to Scrivener when there are parts of a document that I will want to present in landscape mode, so that my focus can be on composition rather than on adapting to the impossibility of outwitting the compilation options.