Please help! My manuscript is empty!

I went to open up a manuscript I haven’t written anything in for about a year. Somehow there were two versions. When I went to open up the newer one, it brought up the old one - which isn’t my most recent draft and only has 30k words rather than the 60k I’ve completed.

I moved the newer version (project 2) to a separate folder and got it to open independently…but there are no words. The manuscript has all my part- and chapter titles in place but the manuscript itself is empty. All my words are gone. I’m devastated. I tried opening up a backup version and it’s the same way. I’ve LOST 30k words. If there’s any way to help, please do. If not, I’m afraid this is the end of my relationship with Scrivener. I can’t afford to lose words even when I regularly backup my manuscripts (the email backup versions are also empty).

Did you move the whole .svriv folder or only the .scrivx file?
It’s the whole folder that is the project. The .scrivx file only contains a list of the content. If you open a .scrivx file by itself, without access to everything else in the .svriv folder, you get that exact result. A complete binder but no text.

I’ve got the same problem. I moved the whole folder. The last time I had this file open, a couple of days ago, it was fine. Now there is no content in any of the files. I can only hope that there is enough life left in the old Mac that I can try reconverting the files to Scriv 2 for Mac and moving it again. This is such an unbelievable hassle (and an absolute horror if the whole project is indeed lost).

I’ve got the same problem. I moved the whole folder. The last time I had this file open, a couple of days ago, it was fine. Now there is no content in any of the files. I can only hope that there is enough life left in the old Mac that I can try reconverting the files to Scriv 2 for Mac and moving it again. This is such an unbelievable hassle (and an absolute horror if the whole project is indeed lost). Also, all the other folders I converted and moved (unfortunately we have to move them if we want to open them from the right location–otherwise the Windows version default seems to be to save back to where it opened, instead of asking you where you want to put it) seem to be fine.