Power consumption Scrivener 3.1.1

I don’t know if this is a bug or just the way it works. Since I upgraded to Scrivener 3.1.1 I’m noticing that there are times when it is flagged as ‘Using Significant Energy’ on my MacBook (MacBook Pro, 15", 2018). This happens when all I’m doing is typing, nothing really intensive like indexing, compiling or saving to disk. As far as I can tell it isn’t the autosave either since that would happen at regular intervals that coincide with the autosave setting, this doesn’t, it seems to be random.

This didn’t happen with Scrivener 2.x so I was wondering if this might be a bug or just the nature of the beast with 3.1.1

Tom

That’s very strange. Nothing significant changed in this regard in 3.1.1. Where is this flagged? Do you have a lot of images in your text or anything like that?

I noticed it because my battery level seemed to be dropping faster than normal. On a Mac if you click on the battery icon on the top bar a drop down pops down. There’s an entry there that tells you any apps using significant power. I noticed that Scrivener pops up there at times that don’t coincide with autosaves on anything just when I’m typing. This never happened with 2.x so I was wondering…

EDIT: No images at all in the text, just text.