praise-ish

Kevin and Keith:

You guys made a good product. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m a new professor on the tenure track. I turned a few little fragments into a few articles this summer: and now in record time, I’ve heard back positively on all three. Good journals as well. That’s good for my (humanities) field, let me say.

In a peculiar turn, the two articles with stronger roots–that more or less originated in Scrivener–have been asked for the fewer revisions than the other. Hardly a coincidence, I suspect.

Now. If this just worked with Zotero…

Anyway–truly, truly, I owe the two of you a debt of thanks.

thanks, guys!

I found this about Zotero and Scrivener. I don’t think it’s exactly what your looking for, but it does offer some functionality: http://www.confectious.net/thinking/archives/2011/03/integrating-zot.html

I wonder it took her so long to work it out. I can only assume she searched for “Zotero” and so didn’t read generally about using Scriviner with bibliographic software, as that is basically what you have to do with all of them … export to RTF then use Bookends, Sente or whatever to scan the file, or do it from within Nisus, Mellel, or whatever word-processor you use if it has the hooks into the biblio-software.

I suspect the thing about Zotero is that it doesn’t have the hooks with w-ps apart from Word — though I admit I don’t know about Mellel — so with the others you’d have to run Zotero and scan from there.

I happen to use NWP and Bookends … Bookends and Sente do have the advantage of Scrivener keyboard shortcuts for getting your citation from them, rather than having to type in a code. But I couldn’t get on with Firefox or Zotero, so …

Mark

Just to say, since this is the Latte forum where one can meader around topics at whim, that as a university lecturer in computing, I’ve been used to writing papers in LaTeX which nicely integrates with BiBTeX. In fact, my uni writing environment (on a PC) is WinEdt for writing, MiXTeX (integrated with WinEDt) for LaTeX and BiBTeX processing, plus Jabref for keeping my BiBTeX repositories up-to-date. These kind of things have served me well ever since I wrote my PhD back in the 90s. But then computer science needs the special typesetting of equations and the like that LaTeX makes easy.

Simon