Pre-release imminent

With Christmas, and a couple of other things, I haven’t been checking the forum/blog as regularly as I normally do, and as there doesn’t seem to be a mention of this post in the forum, despite it being posted on the 17th, others may be in the same boat so I thought it would be worth mentioning.

https://www.literatureandlatte.com/blog/scrivener-3-for-windows-final-update-before-launch-news

Many of us have seen it and not bothered to comment.

As usual, there will be a new beta before Dec 31, then sometime in early 2021, the should be a full release. Depending on who you ask, early in the year can be anywhere from 1 to 6 months.

It will be when it is…

I like your optimism.

No optimism involved, just read the blog which I don’t think L&L would have posted if any doubt, given the shit they have copped for previous delays.

Should I start exporting my current (quite large project) (ugh)
I’m a bit worried that the app will expire in a couple of days and render my whole project inaccessible?

How will this all work? I’d have expected to see the new beta release a couple of days before expiry?
bit of comms would be nice eh!

First, they’ve never been late to my knowledge (now I’ve jinxed it!)

Second, I’d be willing to bet if push came to shove and they couldn’t release a new RC version (say, because some code they put in early on since the last release) they’d re-release RC13 again (RC13a?) with a new expiration, but with no new functionality.

But it never hurts, I suppose, to be prepared, so take my comments with a grain of salt, especially since I don’t speak for L&L.

Still, here’s hoping for RC14 at any moment.

As for a final release, I don’t have time to visit the blog with everything else I have going on, so I’m glad someone shared the (potentially) great news.

A new update will be uploaded today or latest tomorrow. Nothing to worry about.

Not on this project. Never. Been a couple of times when it was hours to go, but never have they missed an expiry date.
[/quote]
Second, if they make a release, remember you get to try it free for 30 days, which is really nice.

Third, if push comes to shove you can go back to version 1, which really wasn’t all that bad. You can output your Beta projects into HTML, and then import that into version 1. Or have both open at one time, and drag and drop. And it’s possible they will create a project backporter, because we know there will be people who will refrain from buying the new version on general principles, and they’ll be collaborating with others who’ve bought the new version, so there’s going to be some need for it.