Preferences and more

Hi guys, I’m returning to Scrivener after many years away, and I wish to use version 3 on both my laptop and main PC. Is there a way to sync my preferences and dictionaries between the two machines? I use Dropbox for the main project file. Is there a way to move my preferences and dictionaries there, too?

For your settings, if you open the main Settings panel you’ll find a “Manage” button in the lower left corner. Use that to export your settings to a file, which you can then take to the other machine and import via the same button. What I do is regularly export my settings when they have changed, and keep this file in a sync folder so all of my devices have access to my latest refinements.

For the dictionary additions, use the File ▸ Show Application Support Folder menu command. There are actually a few things in here you might want to consider copying to other computers, like custom project templates and compile settings. But the wordlist.ini file is what you’re looking for, specifically.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks for the help, :smiley: