Print PDF to ...

Keith,

I don’t know how this works, but apps like Together and Yojimbo put an option in the “Print : PDF” dialog which prints the document straight into the archive held by the app. I presume this is really some kind of service. While reading the thread on password protected web pages, it struck me that if possible, it might be a useful kind of addition to the Scrivener armoury … to be able to print some document in another app straight to PDF, with that PDF being automatically included in the research section of a .scriv project.

I imagine you will come back with many problematic issues, and I have no idea how hard it might be to implement, but it’s a suggestion.

Mark

The only problematic issue is that I don’t know how to do it. :slight_smile: I know some programs provide some sort of script or something that you double-click on to install such things (or something)… But I’m not sure how it’s done. Also, if I did know how it was done, I’m not sure how it could then know which project to print to and how to do so in the Research folder… Someone suggested this a while back, and I looked into ways of doing it but came up blank.
All the best,
Keith