Printing Comments

I finally made the jump to writing/editing in Scrivener instead of just using it as a formatting tool. I’m ready to print my first manuscript draft, but I want it to print the comments I made in the sidebar. I’ve tinkered footnotes/comments menu in the compile area, unclicked the remove footnotes and comments etc, but they are still are not showing up in print preview. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kayla
www.kayladawnthomas.com

Hi

The document notes?

In Compile > Formatting, tick Notes for all the levels that contain notes that you want to print.

Bestest

Briar Kit

Thanks, Briar. For some reason that didn’t work. Are the sticky note comments you put in as you write different from “notes”?

You can add document notes and/or comments (the notes created when you highlight a piece of text and click the little yellow post-it note icon). They have discrete functions.

Both can be compiled.

As before:

1. Compile > Formatting, tick Notes for all the levels that contain notes that you want to print.

and

1. Compile > Footnotes and Comments, make sure that Remove Inspector Comments is not ticked.

If you create a PDF or print the text straight to paper, you should see the post-it note/sticky comments (hope we’re talking about the same things).

Bestest

Briar Kit

Briar,
Just had an epiphany. I think they were showing, just not how I expected. Was looking for the strip down the side, but they actually are imbedded in the text. Took studying a PDF of the compiled work to figure it out. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Kayla
www.kayladawnthomas.com

Ah, the road to epiphany has a lot of twists and turns. We all get a little lost from time to time. :smiley:

Glad to hear it is working okay.

Bestest

Briar Kit