Printing Corkboard

How can i print the Corkboard (using index cards)?

Thanks
O.B.

You can use File/Export Draft to print the titles & synopses (there’s a print button in the export dialog) but if you want to print the corkboard itself the only way to do it, I think, would be to take a screenshot of it (Cmd-Shift-3) and print the screenshot.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Some years ago i used “Three by Five” (Corkboard for screenwriters).
This allows to print all the virtual index cards on paper
index cards, which can be very useful. Think it´s a big mistake,
that Scrivener lacks this function. :cry:

O.B.

If you really want a print-out that looks like cards on a corkboard, try this: Cmd-Shift-4, draw a rectangle around corkboard. This will create a file on the system Desktop called ‘Picture 1’. Double-click it to open in Preview, and print.

Thank you. This helps - a little bit.

O.B.
Munich, Germany

The way I read the OP is that OnkelBraesig wants to print out the content of the virtual index cards on the virtual corkboard onto paper index cards … that he can then pin to a physical corkboard or shuffle around in boxes … am I right? :slight_smile:
But I don’t know the answer as to whether it is possible to do it, and if so how. :frowning:
Mark

Ah, yes, I see how in the second post it could be read that way. Yeah, I don’t know of any way to do that sort of print job. What did 3x5 do if the content of the card went longer than the physical card size? Did it number them sequentially and all?

OnkelBraesig wants to print out the content of the virtual i
ndex cards on the virtual corkboard onto paper index cards …
that he can then pin to a physical corkboard or shuffle around
in boxes … am I right?

You are right. :wink:

O.B.

Is there a printer available that can print on 3x5 cards…?

I used to print out 5x3 and 6x4 cards by specifying custom page size in, I think, WordPerfect. Trouble is that I regularly kill my printers – nothing for them to do for several months and then all-night, all-day sessions, churning out thousands of pages, so I can’t remember individual ones very well: mostly Epson inkjets, I think.

The older, inkjet, printers had a slot you fed the paper/card into and it worked, mostly. Sometimes the blank card disappeared into the guts of the printer and I’d have to dismantle it to get it working again. (Happy days!)

My modern mono laser printer doesn’t allow this treatment and since I can’t read my own handwriting I started searching for a program that would bring back my index cards. I’m getting used to my virtual corkboard, and the room’s tidier than it used to be.

cw

Just a remark on the side - I wouldn’t want to print my index cards, because their synopses are HUGE. :smiley: What I like about the virtual corkboard is the unlimited space on the cards themselves.

I think several paper companies sell a product that is essentially a heavy stock sheet of paper that has been perforated into index card sized sections. You then of course need some program that can print to that layout.

Here’s a workaround:

Export a draft with Titles & Synopses using a unique character to delimit the files.

Open the result in Word, Nisus, or whatever and search for the character, replacing it with a page break.

Set the Page Setup for Amber’s suggested perfed cards OR select Layout in the Print dialog popup menu and choose multiple pages per sheet with an optional border.

Print and cut them up.

Ten minutes or so, I would imagine.

Dave