Printing out text file names in footer or printing metadata values

I have Scrivener 3 for Windows (Version: 3.0.1.0 (1274136) 64-bit - 28 Apr 2021)

I’m trying to figure out how to print out the title/name of a text file that is under a folder in the footer of a Word doc created using compile. I’m printing the text of the manuscript to word, not the just the outline. The folder is Chapter 1 and the title/name of the text files, or scenes, under it are for example “Dress” or “Move to NYC.” I can’t figure out how to print the text file names. I did a search and tried using <$pageGroupTitle>, but that only prints out exactly as <$pageGroupTitle> .

Next I tried creating a custom metadata and tried to print that using <$custom:SceneTitle> after creating a custom metadata called SceneTitle (no spaces) and giving each text file the value I wanted, again “Dress” or “Move to NYC,” but that won’t print either. Again in the footer, after compiling it just prints <$custom:SceneTitle>. Hoping I just have the syntax wrong? I know I can print out all the meta data, but only need my custom one, and to print only it’s value.

Is there a way to print out the names of the text file under a folder when you compile? Again, I would like to add this to the footer. I was hoping there is a place holder for it, but I have yet to find one that works.
Thanks in advance

Your first attempt was absolutely correct, with the <$pageGroupTitle> placeholder, but unfortunately that and its cousin placeholder for printing the parent title are currently broken in the stable build. I’ve double-checked and they are working in the current internal build, and so this placeholder should start working for you once that is available.

Next I tried creating a custom metadata and tried to print that using <$custom:SceneTitle>…

There are only a limited number of placeholders that work in the header/footer area. Since one page might actually have content from a dozen different actual sections in the binder, document level placeholders like <$custom…> do not work. You will find those that do work listed in the user manual in Table 24.2.

Thank you so much! I don’t need it right now, so long as it will be available, that works for me. I know Scrivener 3.0 was fairly recently released for Windows. So, I’m not surprised there are still a few hidden bugs until the programmers find them all. LOL Sometimes users are the best testers. I’ll know to look in the bugs section, next time.

Thanks again! I’ll keep a look out for updates.