Printing Page Numbers in Beta-Help!

Hi, I switched to Mac a few months ago and purchased Scrivener. I imported my current WIP & fell in love with the program (version 1.03). I just downloaded the Beta on my iMac this afternoon and can no longer get page numbers to print–they run off the right margin. I pulled up the 1.03 version I still have on my MacBook and the page numbers print just fine in that one. I double-checked the margins & settings in 1.03 and compared them to the Beta version–print numbers are still a no go in Beta. Unless I’m missing something, settings don’t seem to be the problem. Help!

~~Candace, otherwise thoroughly enthralled with the Beta

Just an outside chance that you may have 1.03 set up for US Letter and 1.55b set up for A4. So, maybe check Page Setup Under FILE in the menu bar.

The Occam’s Razor principle.

:confused:

[quote=“Lord Lightning”]
Just an outside chance that you may have 1.03 set up for US Letter and 1.55b set up for A4. So, maybe check Page Setup Under FILE in the menu bar.<<

I checked this and I had both versions (1.03 and the Beta) set on US Letter, so that’s not it. But your post gave me an idea. I changed the Beta FILE>PAGE SETUP setting for Paper Size to a special, slightly narrower, 8" X11" size and ran a test print. The entire header containing my file name moved over by half an inch to the left and should have contained the page number after the slash–but did not. This suggests that it’s a margin issue AND also an issue that’s causing the page number not to show at all. Thanks for you help so far, any more ideas? I’m getting desperate. With four kids underfoot and school out for the summer, I need all the help staying organized that I can get!

~~Candace

Are you talking about Export Draft > Print or File > Print? If the former, check out this in the release notes:

If you are using File > Print, check that you have all of the necessary options turned on in File > Page Layout > Settings > Scrivener > Text Options.

I have heard from a couple of users with similar problems, but so far the problem seems to be to do with OS X. To see if this is the case for you, try printing from TextEdit and see if you can see all of the header text there.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

If you are using File > Print, check that you have all of the necessary options turned on in File > Page Layout > Settings > Scrivener > Text Options.<<

Hi, Keith~~

Yes, this is what I’m using/doing. As far as I can tell, I have everything set correctly. I don’t think it’s an OS X issue with me, but rather a possible Beta issue, because I can print the numbers in 1.03 and in TextEdit. (I just tried the latter & the header and page numbers printed fine in TextEdit.) Unfortunately, I’m one of those writers who abuses his/her printer. I need to see things on hard copy–over and over again. Not having the page numbers is driving me bonkers. In other words, I’m willing to zap you a sample file if it will help me troubleshoot this.

~~Candace

Certainly send me the sample file, though I’m not sure I’ll see anything as my printer only prints A4. :slight_smile: I’ll run it through Preview, though. So, zip up the file and send it to support@literatureandlatte.com.

Thanks!
Keith

So, zip up the file and send it to support@literatureandlatte.com. <<

Will do. Thanks!

~~Candace

Another approach if things still go awry is to trash the Scrivener preferences file. You must have your licence at hand. Reload Scrivener.

If you are unsure about how to do that the preference file is located in your Library (the one with the tilde ~). The file is named: com.literatureandlatte.scrivener.plist.

Reloading and rebooting Scrivener will automatically create a new preferences file in the right place.

Another possibility is that you may need to update your printer driver. I also understand that corrupt fonts can cause printer anomalies.

These last two are not difficult to do. Keep them in reserve if things don’t work out. Just sk if you need directions.

:confused: