Printing

I am unable to print the material on either the corkboard or the outline view. I can print the ‘Help’ material and everything else bar these. The
‘print’ option in ‘File’ is greyed out, no matter what I do.

I have tried everything in the ‘Help’
Nothing works.
Oh well, it was under forty bucks, so
the damage isn’t too bad.
It’s a sad wave and a weary trek back to Power Structure,
which does print.

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. My access to the forum has been spotty at best the past few days, and I think a bunch of posts got lost on my radar.

This is a topic which comes up now and then. Often enough that there is an entry in the FAQ regarding methods of printing the outline. Here are some threads:

Printing Corkboards

Printing outlines

print complete outline (draft) with all indents etc?

So, short answer: You cannot print out a graphical representation of either these views, but that in no way implies that the data cannot be exported in such a way that you can get a nice print-out of your outline.

That last thread has some extensive techniques that I developed. They are, admittedly a bit on the advanced side of the spectrum, but I tried to make the process as straight forward as possible, so that even if you do not have a clue what each step is doing, you can still reproduce the results.

Hope you haven’t ditched us yet. Scrivener has a lot to offer, and much it is buried beneath its slick surface. I used PowerStructure way back in 2003 or so, and it was nice for its time, but it hasn’t really been updated since then, and there is no good community for it anywhere. But, in the end, what gets the words out of your head and on to paper is really all that matters!