Problem of compiling a scrivener document to word

When I compile a scrivener document to word, I have found that some texts are in text boxes. Is it because I used scrivener styles? I saw a post asking the same question in 2017 (https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/problem-compiling-to-word/38133/1). The solution at that time was Format -> Table -> Remove Table, but I do not see that option in my MS Word (Office 365, which means that I am using the most recent version of MS Word). Furthermore, I do not want to manually select each text box every time to do so since it is a long document.

Can the team of Scrivener not solve this issue? Is there any option that I neglected when I did it? Is it because I am making a document with multiple languages? Please let me know how I can solve this issue.

Stray tables are not unusual when text is copied and pasted from other formats, particularly web pages.

If a table with invisible gridlines exists in your manuscript, but you’re not aware of it, you can inadvertently extend it for many pages just by typing normally.

To show tables in Scrivener: View -> Text Editing -> Show Invisibles.

To remove them in Scrivener: Format -> Table -> Remove Table.

I’m quite certain that Word has a mechanism for removing tables as well, but these are almost certainly present in the Scrivener file so that’s the place to remove them.

Katherine

Thank you Katherine for the tip. I was able to find unintended invisible tables on Scrivener. Is there any way to remove all tables at once? It takes time to remove tables one by one. Thank you.

I haven’t tested this, but it should work.

• Make a backup, just in case.

• Load all the relevant files into a Scrivenings session.

• Edit -> Select All

• Remove Table.

Katherine

If I select the entire document, “remove table” becomes inactive. :frowning:

I am a Newbie to this forum even though I have used Scrivener for years, I am replying to this question because for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to post a new question to this forum.
I am an academic and when I write, I frequently will include both the original language of a quote and the english translation, or else I am typing “slang” or song lyrcis that use non-standard language. How do I identify sentences or phrases that I don’t want auto-corrected? Even when I refuse the correction, very often it will go back and correct.

You tap the button New Topic, right below the forum title. :wink: