Problem opening a .scriv-file

Hi!

I´m having trouble with opening my .scriv-file. The program opens ok, but the file doesn´t. The program doesn´t give any error or other messages, the file just won´t open.

Is there anything I can do? I´m sort of desperate because it´s my master´s thesis and I don´t have a backup file of the latest version.

Edit. I was going to calibrate the battery and there was 1% battery left when I saved my file and closed Scrivener.

My file is really big, 145 Mb, because there are lots of images, articles etc. Even when zipped, it´s 139 Mb, so at least gmail seems not to be able to send it.

Hi,

It may be that your computer went to sleep partway through saving the file and corrupted the file. The contents should still be intact, though. Try the following:

1. Make a copy of the file and keep the original safe, or make a backup of the file that’s not opening in some way.

2. On a copy of the file, in the Finder ctrl-click and select “Show Package Contents”. Have a look at the latest files inside the package to ensure that your latest work is there (just for piece of mind).

3. Now go through and remove all the big movie and image files, until the project is small. Note: ONLY do this on the copy. You are just doing this so that you can send me a small copy of the file, which will allow me to look at the binder files. Don’t touch binder.scrivproj, binderStrings.xml or any of those files - just remove the big media files.

4. Zip up this stripped-down project and send it to support AT literatureandlatte DOT com so that I can take a look at it.

All the best,
Keith