Problem with templates[BUG LOGGED]

I’ve been playing around with the Beta 1.5, getting ready to work on a very large project. To help with the projects, I created two templates. I saved them using the Save As Template option, and the templates were saved to where they were supposed to have been (…Local Settings/Application Data/Scrivener/Project Templates). Or at least to the directory the program said it was saving them to.

However, when I go to create a new project, the templates do not appear in the category I assigned them to. I have tried shutting the program down then starting it up again, but that doesn’t solve the problem.

Am I doing something wrong, or have I found a bug?

If you are assigning templates to categories other than blank or fiction, they do not currently show up in the beta version.

Hope that helps.

I’ve tried saving the template using all the different categories, but it still doesn’t work. I even went back just now and tried it again, but no luck.

Try restarting Scrivener, do they show up then?

Nope. That was one of the very first things I tried when I saw they weren’t showing up. I’ve tried it again, upon your question above, and no good. They’re not showing up.

I’ll have a think and get back to you…

Hi everyone,

I save my own templates since Beta 1.3, and they do appear.

There is a trick : “click on save icon” and give the icon a name.

Wherever it is saved, there it stays. Do not remove it as long as no one tells us where to put them.

The fact is that I still have my templates, those I created, although I uninstalled Beta 1.3 for 1.4, as 1.5 uninstalled 1.4 to take its place.

My icons are anywhere inside a project folder.

I do not know what exactly the relation is, bus this is how it really worked, when I played around with it.

“Save icon”

Cheers

Okay, I tried that and it works, though I don’t think someone should have to go through all that to get the right result. :slight_smile:

Agreed Lisa, this needs to be fixed. I’m on it. Thanks for reporting this.
Lee