Problems with Compile Function

Hi! I’m not sure how to explain what’s going on but here’s my best attempt.

I wrote a paper in Scrivener. I compiled in in MLA format for Word. On my screen everything is normal, font, font size, etc. However, when I emailed it to my professor she saw a different font in a HUGE size (42 pt). This has happened on 2 papers. Am I missing a new feature that I need to click? Why would I see one thing and someone else get a file with a different font? Any idea what’s happening?

All help will be greatly appreciated!

Is it possible that your professor doesn’t have that font installed on her system? Perhaps her system tried to use a different font for that and got mixed up about sizes. Can you make the document have only Times New Roman and see what happens?

Another thing I’d try is to compile it to RTF and see what happens.

[i]

[quote=“TromboneAl”]
Is it possible that your professor doesn’t have that font installed on her system? Perhaps her system tried to use a different font for that and got mixed up about sizes. Can you make the document have only Times New Roman and see what happens?

Another thing I’d try is to compile it to RTF and see what happens.[/i]

The font I used actually was Times New Roman. So I know my prof. had the font on her comp. Will the RTF option save my formatting? Like, margins, line spacing, etc?

Have you looked at Word technical support?

If the file displays correctly in Word on your system, but not on another system, that’s not a Scrivener issue.

In particular, Word’s auto-formatting commands can do all kinds of interesting things if allowed free rein.

Katherine